Pro Med Billing is an incredible organization. Kellie walked me through every step of the process of setting up my private practice. Her interest in advice went far beyond the simple mechanics of billing, and included practice setting, staffing, and many other business issues. The day-to-day customer service is incredible, helping to navigate the maze of billing regulations painlessly. I can also attest to the integrity of the business, and would highly recommend Pro Med Billing to anyone setting up practice, or looking for a safe and efficient medical billing service.
Dr. D., MD
Infectious DiseaseRead more
Professional Medical Billing specialties
Medical Billing 101
What is medical billing? Medical billing is the process of submitting and following up on claims to insurance companies, patients, or the United States government, in order to receive payment for services rendered by a medical doctor or other licensed healthcare provider.Read more
Professional Medical Billing
Professional Medical Billing Ltd., Inc. is one of the premier Michigan medical billing firms. Pro Med provides medical billing services to physicians and group practices throughout the state of Michigan. Pro Med was created in 1987 by the current CEO, Kellie Swartz, and continues to be successful to this day. Professional Medical Billing, or Pro Med, started out in the basement of Kellie’s house. In 1993, Professional Medical Billing became a corporation and two years later, it moved to the 3061 Christy Way location. In 2001 Pro Med took over a second suite to double its size, and in 2008, Pro Med again expanded into a third suite to take up the rest of the building. In 2015 the need for additional expansions was realized, but with no more room to expand the search for a new location began. In early 2016 Pro Med moved into their new location at 3785 Bay Road.
Our Mission Statement
To obtain for our clients the full financial reimbursement to which they are legally entitled for services provided to patients, while maintaining the highest level of integrity, compliance, and ethics.
Michigan Medical Billing
Why focus on the state of Michigan?
There are lots of rules and regulations in medical billing that vary by state. By focusing on medical billing in Michigan, we can provide a top-notch service and catch-all the details that may go unnoticed by national medical billing companies. Professional Medical Billing prides itself on maximizing your profit and following up on all claims.
- Some Michigan medical billing companies require payment every time a claim is sent. If a claim has to be resubmitted, then the client is charged again. Other medical billing companies want to charge a percent based off of what is charged instead of what is collected, or they require advance payment before any work is even done. In both cases you might never get paid on claims they are charging you for!
- Professional Medical Billing only collects a percent based off of the money collected. Pro Med does not get paid until you do.
Experienced Medical Billers
- Professional Medical Billing has been around since 1987 and has an experienced medical billing team. Kellie Swartz, the president of Pro Med, has been a medical biller since 1979 and is CHBME certified. Professional Medical Billing is one of the most experienced Michigan medical billing companies around.
- Electronic claim transmission to hundreds of insurances greatly increases the speed a client gets paid.
- With a team of experienced medical billers and competitive pricing, clients will see their monthly revenue increased.
- Pro Med upgrades, maintains, and backs up the computer systems and data. Clients do not need to worry about maintaining servers or making sure patient information is safe and secure.
Fewer Phone Calls
- Professional Medical Billing handles all billing questions and has a local number as well as a toll-free number.
- Pro Med takes care of all the credentialing.